Rome Center students, faculty and staff may borrow materials and use other library services at the Rome Center Library. Materials from the general collection circulate as follows:
Faculty & Administration:
- Materials checked out during the fall semester will be due in December the last day of the semester.
- Materials checked out during the Spring semester will be due in May on the last day of the semester.
Students & Staff:
- During the Fall and Spring semesters, materials can be checked out for a 28 day loan period, during summer sessions, a 14 day loan period.
- General Collection materials may be renewed as often as needed, provided no one has placed a recall on the item.
- All materials must be brought into the library to be renewed.
- Materials may be recalled after they have been charged to another patron for ten days.
- When an item is recalled, the patron holding the item is notified of the due date by email.
- The patron who placed the recall will be notified by email when the item has been returned. Materials are held for one week before being reshelved.
- All materials needed for reserve will be recalled immediately.
Overdue Book Fines:
- Overdue books €.25 per day per item.
- Overdue recall fines are €.25 per day after the recall due date and €.50 per day after the original due date.
- The max fine for overdue books is €5.00.
- The charge for a lost item is the current replacement cost of the material plus a non-refundable €15.00 processing fee.
- Books not currently in print will be accessed a €50.00 replacement fee, plus the €15.00 processing fee.
- Course materials that Loyola faculty have placed on reserve are kept at the Circulation Desk and are arranged alphabetically by the instructor's last name.
- A currently valid ID is required to charge reserve items.
- Reserve items are not eligible for renewal.
There are two categories of reserve materials:
- Two-hour: These materials may be used for a 2 hour period in the IC only, including course reserves and tech devices.
- 24-hour: AV materials
Fines for overdue reserve materials are as follows:
- €.05 per minute for 2-hour reserve items
- €2.50 per day for Room reserves
Intercampus & Interlibrary Loan:
- Books housed at one of the other Loyola campuses may be requested through intercampus loan. Please direct these requests to Anne Wittrick (email@example.com).
- Interlibrary Loan requests can be made online via ILLiad or through a librarian. If materials can be transmitted electronically, requests can be processed within 48 hours or two working days.
- Patrons will be notified by email when Intercampus Loan materials arrive.
- DVDs can be loaned at the circulation desk.
- There is a list of available titles.
- Loan time is 5 days.
- There is a €3.00 fine per day for overdue AV materials.