Course Reserves are materials set aside by your instructor for use by your class. These can include books, excerpts from books, journal articles, films, videos, or audio recordings.
To find items on reserve for your class:
- Go to the Course Reserves Search in Pegasus, the library's online catalog.
- Select your instructor, course number, or department and click "Search."
- Click on the title for the item you want to access.
- For print materials, write down the call number and bring it to the Circulation Desk at the appropriate library.
- For electronic reserves, click on the "To view, click here" link in the item record.
- Some electronic reserve materials may be password-protected. You must get the password from your instructor before accessing these items.
- Many electronic items for your class may be available through Blackboard rather than the Course Reserves Search.
Policies for borrowing Reserve items:
- Most reserve items must be used in the library and are due back in 2 hours.
- Some items may be due back in 6 hours, 3 days or 7 days, depending on how your instructor has set up their reserve list.
- Only items that are due back in 3 or 7 days may leave the library.
- The overdue fine for 2- and 6-hour reserve items is $.05 per minute.
- The overdue fine for 3- and 7-day reserve items is $2.50 per day.
If you have any questions about accessing Course Reserves, please Ask a Librarian.