Use the library's search to find books. Both physical and e-books will appear in your search results. You can use the facets to limit your results to only e-books or only books we physically have.
Search and Request Books
Search for books
Search for items held by Loyola University Libraries. Use the "Request" option to have materials pulled from the shelf for you and held at the campus and library of your choice, or use the interlibrary loan options if the item is not available.
- During the construction work in Cudahy Library requests may take up to 48 hours to process, and not all materials will be retrievable due to phased construction which may make some areas inaccessible. Due to the constraints of the construction schedule, requested items will be processed in the order received, and items cannot be requested for immediate pickup. If materials are unlikely to be available within 48 hours we will notify you quickly so that you can order through Interlibrary Loan, if desired.
You can use WorldCat to search many libraries at once for an item and then locate it in a library nearby, including Loyola's collection. Use interlibrary loan options to request the book to be sent to Loyola.
- If the book you need isn't on the shelf or is checked out, use the "Request Loyola Copy" button in the item record. See Borrowing for more information.
- Most ebooks are available through the library catalog, but you can also check separately in other e-book collections.
Current Loyola students, faculty, and staff may borrow items from the following libraries:
- Northwestern University
- University of Illinois Chicago (UIC)
- Center for Research Libraries
- Hebrew Theological College
Current Loyola faculty also have access to other universities and Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities member institutions. See Reciprocal Borrowing for a full list.