Membership is open to anyone interested in supporting the University Libraries and helping us achieve our mission: alumni, students, faculty, staff, and members of the greater Loyola community.
An annual membership supports Friends activities and the University Libraries. Members have the option of joining at different levels of support, with privileges based on the amount given.
Help Make a Difference
Provide opportunities for meeting persons who share an interest in and enthusiasm for books, libraries, and reading
Encourage and attract gifts in the form of bequests, endowments, books, manuscripts, and other appropriate materials
Involve individuals in the Chicago area in library programs and activities
Foster an understanding of and appreciation for all Loyola University Chicago's libraries and their special collections
Underscore the importance of Loyola's libraries in fulfilling the University's mission
- Regular or Student levels of membership
- Invitations to Friends events, special receptions, exhibit openings, and other programs
- Above, plus:
- Borrowing privileges for you (and your spouse or partner) at Cudahy and Lewis Libraries (up to five books for four weeks at a time) starting at the Patron ($100) level
- Expanded access to library facilities beyond the current community-use policy
- Loyola student ($10)
- Regular ($50)
- Parent ($50, borrowing privileges)
- Patron ($100, borrowing privileges)*
- Sponsor ($250)**
- Library Dean's Circle ($1,000)
*Includes onsite access to library facilities all open hours
**Includes reserved seating at Friends events and invitations to pre-event author receptions
Easy Ways to Join or Renew
- online: http://www.luc.edu/LibrariesGiving
- phone: 773.508.2641
mail: complete the mail-in form (PDF) and send with payment to:
Friends of the Loyola
University Chicago Libraries
Attn: Svetlana Surkevicius
Cudahy Library, Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Road
Chicago, IL 60660
For more information, or questions regarding the Friends of the Loyola University Chicago Libraries, contact Svetlana Surkevicius at email@example.com or 773.508.2641.
Your membership gift is a tax-deductible donation to the extent allowed by law.