Mission & Vision Statement
The Loyola University Libraries facilitate the pursuit of knowledge and creativity through user-focused services and collections in an inviting, collaborative, and innovative learning environment.
To be Loyola’s gateway to the world of information and scholarship.
- Service: We are user-centered libraries dedicated to providing prompt, responsive, and friendly service. We value our ability to grow and change through anticipating and responding to our users’ ever-evolving needs.
- Access: We provide free and unhindered access to all forms of information while respecting and preserving an individual’s right to privacy, autonomy, and freedom of inquiry.
- Learning: We value and promote information literacy by teaching our users to identify, evaluate, and utilize information in their coursework, careers, and daily lives.
- Community: We endeavor to create a sense of community among our students, staff, and faculty by providing a welcoming environment conducive to research, dialogue, and relaxation.
- Innovation: We seek to provide leadership in innovative services, technology, and facilities for the benefit of our users.
- Collaboration: We emphasize cooperation among library staff and with the greater Loyola community, and actively seek partnerships with other libraries for the purpose of improving service and increasing access to information.
- Inclusiveness: We value and respect a diversity of backgrounds and lifestyles, ideas and beliefs.
- Preservation: We share with all libraries the responsibility of preserving the cultural and intellectual legacy of human endeavor and knowledge.
- Staff Development: We encourage our staff to pursue opportunities for continuing education, membership in professional organizations, and life long learning.
- Jesuit values: We respect the characteristics of a Jesuit education: commitment to excellence; faith in God and the religious experience; service that promotes justice; values-based leadership; and global awareness.
University Libraries Strategic Plan, 2010-2013