See Lewis Floor Maps for the exact location of these facilities within the library.
Group Study Rooms
There are approximately 10 Group Study Rooms available for students to use. To reserve a room, you can use our online Group Study Reservation System. Select Lewis Library Group Study Rooms.
Rules for Reserving a Group Study Room
- Users can reserve a group study room for up to 2 hours per day.
- Reserved rooms not occupied within 10 minutes of the beginning of the reservation, will forfeit the room and it will be released for use by another user.
- Group study rooms cannot be held by placing personal belongings in them. Unattended items will be removed and held until close at Lewis Library's 6th floor Circulation Desk, then turned over to the Security & Safety Desk, Lobby of Corboy Law Center.
How do I make a reservation for a Group Study room?
- Select your location (Information Commons, Lewis Library) and room size preference from the drop down menus.
- Select the date of your reservation using the calendar. Reservations may be placed four weeks in advance of the current date.
- Select the time of your reservation by clicking on the available (green) time slots on the scheduling chart. The minimum reservation time is a half hour. The maximum reservation time is two hours each day and 6 hours per week.
- The Booking Details of your reservation request will appear below the scheduling chart. Click the blue CONTINUE button.
- Enter your first name, last name, and Loyola e-mail address (@luc.edu addresses only). Click the blue SUBMIT MY RESERVATION button.
- After your reservation has been submitted, you should receive a confirmation e-mail from email@example.com.
Needing a secure place to store books and other small personal items? Lockers are available for checkout at the Lewis Library Circulation Desk. The loan period for lockers is 7 days plus one renewal. Lockers are available to Loyola students, faculty, staff, and alumni on a first-come, first served basis. For further information please contact Lewis Library Circulation Desk at 312-915-6622