Both Lewis and Cudahy libraries participate in the InfoPass program, a reciprocal network that operates in the Chicago metropolitan area. It is intended to aid researchers conducting work in libraries where public access is restricted.
Libraries participating in the InfoPass program may refer their patrons to other libraries and in turn will accept InfoPass referrals from other participating libraries. An InfoPass may be issued from any participating Chicago library for research material not owned by the originating library but are held at Loyola's Cudahy or Lewis Libraries.
An InfoPass should NOT be issued to provide access for studying purposes or for widely-held materials.
Prior to issuing an InfoPass, the issuing library must:
- Certify eligibility
- Identify the specific research materials to be used
- Contact Loyola Libraries in advance by phone to confirm that the needed materials are available and service can be given. Cudahy Library holdings information: (773-508-2654), Lewis Library (312-915-6631).
To access Loyola materials:
- Present the completed original InfoPass form (including the specific titles of materials to be consulted), along with government-issued identification at the entrance of Cudahy or Lewis libraries.
- InfoPass visitors will be accepted from 9:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. (No appointment is required.)
- An InfoPass form is valid for a one-time visit only at either Lewis or Cudahy libraries.
For more information please go visit the Reaching Across Illinois Library System web site.