Course reserves ensure that your students have access to content they need for your class. You may choose a 4-hour or 3-day loan period for physical items you place on reserve. Libraries-owned DVDs will have a 4-hour loan period.
To place titles on reserve, please use the Course Reserves Submission Form.
For questions or assistance with the submission process, please contact:
Lake Shore Campus
Water Tower Campus
Item Types That Can Be Placed on Reserve
- Library books and e-books
- Instructor-owned books
- Library DVDs and licensed streaming media
- Instructor-owned DVDs
- Articles and e-resources from the library’s e-journals and databases
You can request that the Libraries purchase books and e-books for you to place on reserve. Please list these requests in the Course Reserves Submission Form. For AV-related purchase requests, please fill out the AV Purchase Request form.
You can request to receive scans of Library physical articles and book chapters that you can post within Sakai. Please list these requests in the Course Reserves Submission Form.
- You can submit reserve requests at any time, and we will process them in the order of submission. To ensure that all of your content is available by the first day of the semester, please submit your requests 6 weeks before the beginning of the semester.
- The maximum number of reserve titles is 30 per undergraduate course and 75 per graduate course.
- All reserve requests must follow U.S. copyright guidelines. For more information, please see Reserves Policies & Guidelines.
- If you plan to show a reserve video in class, please make an AV Pickup Request.