You can request items from any library location to be “on hold” for you to pick up at a circulation desk:
- Sign in to your library account.
- Search for the item in the library catalog.
- Click on the item record. Under Get Item, click Request Loyola Copy.
- Choose your pickup location and click Send Request.
Items are normally available for pickup within 2 business days, and will remain on hold for 10 business days. You can request up to 10 items per day.
If an item is on loan or otherwise has a “Not Available” status in the library catalog, you can request a recall through the same steps under Requesting Items. When we receive the item or it becomes available, we will hold it for you at your pickup location, and you will receive an email notification.
If you have an item on loan that someone else recalls, you will receive a new due date notification by email. You will then have 14 days to return the item.
If an item with an “Available” status in the library catalog is not on the shelf, please place a request using the same steps under Requesting Items. We will notify you whether or not we are able to find the item.
In Process & On Order
Items with a “Not Available” status in the library catalog may also indicate that they are in process or on order. You can submit an In Process or On Order Request request for these items, and we will notify you by email when they are ready for you to pick up at a circulation desk.
- In Process: items that we have received at the library but are still processing. These items are normally available within 10-14 days at Cudahy and 1-2 additional days at other locations.
- On Order: items that we have ordered for the library but are still waiting to receive. Items may take up to 8 weeks to arrive for processing.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) obtains materials that are not otherwise available at the Libraries. You can submit an ILL request through ILLiad, or contact Interlibrary Loan for more information.
Suggest a Purchase
If the library doesn't own an item you need, make a purchase request.
Make a Gift