Research Guides are available for a wide variety of subject areas and courses.
The following groups are eligible for this service:
1. Students in the School of Education Cohort program
2. Students enrolled exclusively in online courses
3. Graduate students who are enrolled in independent study or thesis supervision, do not attend or teach courses on campus, and live more than 20 miles from the Lakeside campuses.
Requesting Library Materials
Distance Education students may request home delivery of books that are available at Cudahy and Lewis Libraries and scanned copies of articles and book chapters from libraries worldwide. Articles and book chapters will typically be sent to you as PDFs and books will be sent by U.S. priority mail to your home or office, all free of charge. You will be notified if we are unable to fill your request.
- Use ILLiad to make requests.
- Select “Distance Education” as your pickup location and provide the address where you would like your materials delivered.
- You can update your address at any time by logging in to your account and clicking "Change Contact Information."
Due to the large volume of requests we receive, we cannot take requests over the phone or by e-mail. If you have difficulty accessing ILLiad, contact the Interlibrary Loan department.
Returning Library Materials
Books from the LUC libraries will arrive stamped with a due date. Books must arrive at the library on or before this due date, so please allow sufficient time if you are returning your books by mail. You are responsible for the timely and safe return of library materials. Return all books in person or by U.S. mail using the original packaging and enclosed postage-paid mailing label to:
1032 W. Sheridan Rd.
Chicago, IL 60660
Renewals may be requested before the due date by logging in to My Library Account (not ILLiad).
Regular fines apply to overdue materials.
LimitationsThe following item types are not available for home delivery: Reserves, Reference, and other non-circulating material; AV (CDs, DVDs, VHS); Popular Reading collection; Interlibrary Loan books; titles that are available in the library’s ebook collection. Students may request up to 20 books per semester.
Questions about Document Delivery should be directed to Jennifer Stegen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 508-6022. Call, email, or text a reference librarian for help with research or off-campus access to online resources.