In Spring 2021 access will be restricted to current Loyola students, faculty, and staff. For health and safety reasons, the University Libraries cannot provide study space or access to public computers to Loyola alumni and community members during the Fall semester. Appointments will be considered only in exceptional circumstances and access is at the sole discretion of the University Libraries. Please email email@example.com to request an appointment.
Policies and Services
Loyola graduates retain certain university library privileges. Any former student who has a) completed a Loyola University Chicago degree or certificate program, including the John Felice Rome Center attendees, and b) obtained an alumni card may:
- Use materials and services at the University's Cudahy, Lewis, and Health Science library branches.
- Charge up to 100 books.
- Keep books for 6 weeks with an option to renew for unlimited additional periods (with the exception of the Health Sciences library, where the lending period is 21 days). (You can renew books from the library catalog by logging in with your email address and last name as your default password. Please update your password to something you will remember.)
- Request books owned by the University Libraries for pickup at the circulation desk of your choice, using the library catalog.
- Request "in-process" books before they have been shelved.
- Request scans of articles from the University Libraries (subject to limitations in peak periods).
- View videos from the collections within the University Libraries.
- Access selected web resources with a guest computer login. (Please note that due to contractual agreements, we cannot provide access to these resources from off-campus for alumni.)
For a variety of reasons, the University Libraries cannot provide alumni with materials not owned by Loyola via interlibrary loan. In order to maintain an effective and comfortable academic environment, the library system reserves the right to revoke privileges for any patron abusing library regulations or codes of conduct.
Please contact the circulation desk at any Loyola Universiaty Chicago library location for more information. University Libraries staff will confirm your alumni status, collect your current address and phone information, and affix a personal barcode to the back of your alumni card.
To request an alumni card, visit the Alumni Office website.