Until further notice, course reserve materials will be electronic only. Your students will be able to access e-books, streaming videos, and articles in our e-journals and databases. If the library currently does not own a text in e-book format, please contact a reserve associate and we will see if it’s available for purchase by the library.
To place materials on Reserve, use the Course Reserves Submission Form.
For questions or assistance with submitting items, please contact:
|Lake Shore Campus
Avril DeBat, Reserves Associate
|Water Tower Campus
Materials That Can Be Placed on Reserve
- Library owned books and e-books
- Instructor-owned books
- Library-owned videos and streaming media
- Instructor-owned videos
- Articles and e-resources from the library’s e-journals and databases
You can request for the Libraries to purchase books for you to place on reserve. Please list these requests in the Course Reserves Submission Form. For movie purchase requests, please contact James Conley, our Media Services Librarian at email@example.com.
You can link to electronic resources that the Libraries own within Sakai. For more information, please see Linking to Library Resources.
Deadlines for Submitting Reserves
- Reserve requests can be submitted at any time, and they will be processed in the order they are submitted.
- In order to have all of your reserve materials available by the first day of the semester, please submit your reserve requests 6 weeks before the beginning of the semester.
- Maximum number of reserve materials per course:
Undergraduate course: 30
Graduate course: 75
- All reserve requests must be in compliance with U.S. copyright law. For more information, please see Reserves Policies & Guidelines.
- If you plan to show a reserve video in class, please place an AV Pickup Request.