These policies relate to the exchange of books and articles with other libraries according to the National Interlibrary Loan Code. We do not send materials directly to individuals not affiliated with Loyola University Chicago. Please contact your school or public library if you wish to borrow something owned by LUC Libraries.
Loyola University libraries lend to libraries in all countries for a loan period of six weeks. One renewal for an additional two weeks may be requested. The following types of materials are available through interlibrary loan:
- Books (limit of 4 volumes per loan)
- Dissertations and theses (if a second copy is available)
- Microforms (limit of 4 reels per loan)
The following types of materials are not available through interlibrary loan:
- Books cataloged within the last six months
- Periodicals - both bound and unbound issues
- Reference materials
- Audiovisual materials
Book loans and photocopies:
- ILLINET, CATLA, and Jesuit libraries: no charge
All other libraries:
- Book Loans: $20.00
- Photocopies: $10.00
We accept payment via OCLC's IFM service, check, and IFLA coupons.
How to Place Requests
- OCLC: IAL
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use standard ALA or IFLA interlibrary loan request forms.