Last update April 20, 2:30 PM
Classes are online and so are we! All library buildings are closed until further notice. All library staff are working off-site, with no access to archives, physical book collections or other materials. Library services continue to be available online. We’re here to help.
- Librarians are available to support students and instructors in online courses. See details for a complete description of instructional services.
- Many publishers are offering temporary free access to their online resources during the COVID-19 crisis. See a list of resources and instructions for accessing them.
- Extended equipment loans (including laptops) are available through Digital Media Services.
- Submit questions via email
- Schedule a Zoom appointment to meet with a librarian
- Online chat with Loyola University Chicago Library staff (24 hours)
- Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Online chat for all other hours is covered by library staff at partner institutions. These librarians will be able to provide research support and help you access our online resources, but may not be familiar with questions that are specific to our library.
- Anyone needing assistance with Federal or State of Illinois government information should contact Geoff Swindells, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about instruction and research support should contact Niamh McGuigan, email@example.com.
With all LUC archives closed, archivists do not have access to the physical collections but will try to answer as many inquiries as possible.
- University Archives & Special Collections
- Women & Leadership Archives
- All due dates for books will be extended to the following:
- For students and staff, through June 13
- For faculty, through September 16
- Additional extensions will be made if necessary
- Library and Interlibrary Loan books do not need to be returned at this time. If you wish to return your books, they can be deposited in the book return slot to the right of the west Cudahy Library doors.
- Please do not mail books to the library.
- We will not be charging overdue fines and will waive recent fines.
- Home delivery of books is suspended.
- If you have print items on course reserve that your students need to access remotely, we will attempt to acquire an online version.
- Questions about book circulation and course reserves can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or LewisLib@luc.edu.
- We are no longer able to request books and other physical items through Interlibrary Loan.
- Requests for articles and single chapters from books are still accepted, but some requests may not be filled, as all academic libraries are operating with limited staffing and resources.
- Questions about ILL can be directed to email@example.com.
- Events: In-person gatherings have been canceled as we transition to online engagement. Check our Libraries calendar soon for updates on online events.
- Social media: Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.