As part of the President of Loyola University Chicago's plan to increase security at the Lakeside Campuses the University Libraries have developed policies that provide the Loyola Community with access to resources in a secure environment.
- Loyola students, faculty, staff, and administrators must present a current Loyola ID at the entrance to the library, and are encouraged to wear them while visiting. A current Loyola ID is the University-issued photo ID with a barcode and a proximity chip that opens the security gates at the entrance to the Libraries.
- Alumni will be admitted to the Lewis Library, Cudahy Library and Klarchek Information Commons by presenting their Loyola University Chicago alumni card and a government-issued photo ID.
- Guests will be permitted access to Cudahy Library and the Information Commons during daytime hours. Guests accompanied by current Loyola ID holders may be admitted to the library after presenting a government-issued photo ID at the library entrance. The Loyola ID holder will take full responsibility for his or her guest(s).
- Students from institutions with which Loyola University Libraries has reciprocal borrowing agreements may be admitted, provided they have current and valid photo IDs from those institutions. More on reciprocal borrowing.
- Faculty from any educational institution who show a current photo ID card will be admitted.
- Visitors from another library with an InfoPass may be granted access, but must present a government-issued photo ID along with the InfoPass upon entering the Libraries. The University reserves the right to deny the application of any requestor and access privileges may be revoked by the University at any time.
- A Loyola tour guide must have current Loyola ID and provide the number in the tour group upon entrance to the Library.
- The University Libraries reserve the right to limit access to Loyola students, staff, faculty, and alumni during and immediately prior to finals.
- The Cudahy Library is a depository for U.S. Government publications. These items are available to the general public during daytime hours as specified for public users.