Loyola graduates retain certain university library privileges. Any former student who has a) completed a LUC degree or certificate program, including Rome center attendees, and b) obtained an alumni card may:
- Use materials and services at the university's Cudahy, Lewis, and Health Science library branches.
- Charge up to 100 books.
- Keep books for 6 weeks with an option to renew for unlimited additional periods (with the exception of the Health Sciences library, where the lending period is 21 days). (You can renew books from the library catalog by logging in with your email address and last name as your default password. Please update your password to something you will remember.)
- Request books owned by the Loyola Libraries for pickup at the circulation desk of your choice, using the library catalog.
- Request "in-process" books before they have been shelved.
- Request scans of articles from the Loyola Libraries (subject to limitations in peak periods).
- View videos from the collections within the libraries.
- Access selected web resources with a guest computer login. (Please note that due to contractual agreements, we cannot provide access to these resources from off-campus for Alumni.)
For a variety of reasons, the university cannot provide alumni with materials not owned by Loyola via interlibrary loan. In order to maintain an effective and comfortable academic environment, the library system reserves the right to revoke privileges for any patron abusing library regulations or codes of conduct.
Please contact the circulation desk at any LUC library for more information. Library staff will confirm your alumni status, collect your current address and phone information, and affix a personal barcode to the back of your alumni card.
To request an alumni card, visit the Alumni Office website.