Loyola graduates retain certain university library privileges. Any former student who has a) completed a LUC degree or certificate program, including Rome center attendees, and b) obtained an alumni card may:
- Use materials and services at the university's Cudahy, Lewis, and Health Science library branches.
- Charge up to 500 books.
- Keep books for 28 days with an option to renew for unlimited additional periods (with the exception of the Health Sciences library, where the lending period is 21 days).
- Recall books charged by other patrons and have them available within 2-3 weeks, depending on the return date. Materials charged by alumni are also subject to recall.
- Request "in-process" books before they have been shelved.
- Request inter-campus articles from the Loyola Libraries (subject to limitations in peak periods).
- Request inter-campus books from the Loyola Libraries using Pegasus.
- View videos from the collections within the libraries.
- Access selected web resources with a guest computer login. (Please note that due to contractual agreements, we cannot provide access to these resources from off-campus for Alumni.)
For a variety of reasons, the university cannot provide alumni with materials not owned by Loyola via interlibrary loan. In order to maintain an effective and comfortable academic environment, the library system reserves the right to revoke privileges for any patron abusing library regulations or codes of conduct.
Please contact the circulation desk at any LUC library for more information. Library staff will confirm your alumni status, collect your current address and phone information, and affix a personal barcode to the back of your alumni card.
To request an alumni card, visit the Alumni Office website.