Founded in 2009, the Friends of the Libraries is essential to the success of the Loyola University Chicago Libraries. Its goals are to:
- Provide opportunities for meeting persons who share an interest in and enthusiasm for books, libraries, and reading.
- Encourage and attract gifts in the form of bequests, endowments, books, manuscripts, and other appropriate materials.
- Involve individuals in the Chicago area in library programs and activities.
- Foster an understanding of and appreciation for all Loyola University Chicago’s Libraries and their special collections.
- Underscore the importance of Loyola University Chicago’s Libraries in fulfilling the University’s mission.
Check out our Alumni Author Spotlight featuring Loyola alumni and affiliated authors as they share inspirations and read excerpts from their works.
View past Friends of the Libraries events:View more past University Libraries events