All library buildings (IC, Cudahy, Lewis) are closed until further notice. All library staff are working off-site, with no access to archives, physical book collections or other materials. Binding services are not available during this period.
To have your thesis or dissertation bound, bring your printed materials to the Binding Services Office (Room 020) at Cudahy Library or the Circulation Desk at Lewis Library (Binding Services will not print the materials for you).
Below is the information you’ll need to place your traditional hardcover binding order.
Name, Email, Phone
Author Name, Title, Abbreviated Title (for book spine), Degree, Year, Month, Number of Copies ($20 per copy), and Cover Color Choice.
Choices for cover color:
- Cost: $20 per volume (Payment is due at drop-off, in cash or check written out to Loyola University Chicago).
- Turnaround: 2-5 weeks
- Pickup: Finished copies may be picked up at the Cudahy Library Circulation Desk on the Lake Shore Campus, or they can be sent through intercampus mail to any Loyola departmental office or library (The Bindery does not ship off-campus).
VeloBind is a soft-cover binding similar to what you might get at a copy shop. It can be used on any dissertation, thesis, or manuscript an inch or less thick.
- Cost: $5.00 per copy (Payment is due at drop-off, in cash or check written out to Loyola University Chicago).
- Turnaround: 1-2 business days
- Pickup: Finished copies may be picked up at the Cudahy Library Circulation Desk on the Lake Shore Campus, or they can be sent through inter-campus mail to any Loyola departmental office or library (The Bindery does not ship off-campus).
Documents and payment can be dropped off at either:
|Lake Shore Campus:
Bindery Office: Room 020
1032 W. Sheridan Rd.
Chicago, IL 60660
(Items may also be shipped to the above address.
Be sure to include your contact information).
|Water Tower Campus:
Circulation Desk, 6th Floor
If no one is available in the Bindery, you may drop off your copies (no payments) at the Cudahy Circulation Desk. Please include a note with your daytime phone number.