Current Loyola Students, Faculty, and Staff
Loyola students, faculty, and staff must 1) present a current Loyola ID card at the entrance to the IC and Lewis Library, and 2) always carry their Loyola ID card with them while using the IC, Cudahy Library, and Lewis Library.
Alumni, Friends of the Libraries, Reciprocal Borrowers, and Community Guests
All visitors must show a valid, government-issued photo ID at the entrance to the IC and Lewis Library. Alumni, Friends of the Libraries, and reciprocal borrows should also bring an Alumni Card, a Friends of the Libraries Card, or an ID from a reciprocal institution, as applicable.
Entry hours for Alumni, Friend of the Libraries, reciprocal institution guests, and guests of Loyola members:
- IC and Cudahy Library: Daily, 8 AM – midnight (or library closing time).
- Lewis Library: Monday-Thursday, 8 AM – 8 PM; Friday, 8 AM – 6 PM.
Entry hours for community visitors:
- IC and Cudahy Library: Monday-Saturday, 8 AM – 5 PM. Visitors must check in before 5PM and can stay after 5 PM but cannot re-enter after exiting. There are no entry hours on Sundays.
- Lewis Library: no access for community visitors.
Guidelines for Using Library Spaces
- We strongly encourage wearing masks at all times while in the library.
- Small, pre-packaged snacks (candy, energy bars, dried fruit) and drinks in covered containers are permitted. Meals, hot foods, and outside delivery of food are not permitted in any library spaces.
- Please wear headphones when using the sound on a computer or mobile device.
Archives by Appointment Only
Please contact the archives for appointments:
- University Archives & Special Collections: https://www.luc.edu/archives/.
- Women and Leadership Archives: WLArchives@luc.edu.