Alumni, Friends of the Libraries, patrons from reciprocal institutions, and guests of Loyola patrons can check in to Libraries branches from 8 AM to midnight (or library closing time), Monday through Sunday. You will need the following to enter:
- A valid, government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, or passport).
- As Alumni Card, Friends of the Libraries Card, or reciprocal institution ID, as applicable.
Library Privileges for Alumni
Loyola considers alumni as any former students who have completed a Loyola University Chicago degree or certificate program, including from the John Felice Rome Center. If you are an alum and have obtained an Alumni Card, you can:
- Use materials and services at Cudahy Library, Lewis Library, and the Health Sciences Library.
- Borrow up to 100 items at a time.
- Request Libraries books for pickup at a circulation desk.
- Access a select number of electronic resources with a guest computer log-in.
For more information about specific privileges, please contact email@example.com.
Please see our Alumni Resources Research Guide for more information about Libraries resources and services for Loyola alumni.
Due to contractual agreements with our license providers, we are unable to offer alumni off-campus access to electronic resources. Access to a select number of resources is available on campus via workstations in the Information Commons and Lewis Library. Please see the staff at the service desks to obtain a guest computer log-in.
The Libraries are unable to provide alumni with items via Interlibrary Loan. Alumni can request copies of articles available at a different Libraries branch or the Library Storage Facility. Please see Alumni Intercampus Article Request for details.