Cudahy Library will be closed to all patrons from May 13 – August 14. Please see below for additional details on changes to services.
Using Library Spaces
- Lewis Library and the Information Commons will be open regular summer hours. See Hours.
- Most of the services normally available in Cudahy Library will be temporarily relocated to the IC during the summer. These include:
- Book check out
- DVD check out
- Interlibrary Loan
- Reference and Research Help
- Books and some other materials can be requested through the library’s online catalog. For any questions, contact Cudahy Circulation at (773)508-2632 or email@example.com.
- DVDs should be requested using this form.
- Other non-circulating items should be requested using this form.
- During the construction work in Cudahy Library requests may take up to 48 hours to process, and not all materials will be retrievable due to phased construction which may make some areas inaccessible. Due to the constraints of the construction schedule, requested items will be processed in the order received, and items cannot be requested for immediate pickup. If materials are unlikely to be available within 48 hours we will notify you quickly so that you can order through Interlibrary Loan, if desired.
- Interlibrary loan requests should be placed as usual. Continue to select Cudahy Library for pickup location even though you will pick up materials at the Information Commons, and please allow time for delivery as usual. See Interlibrary Loan.
- The University Archives and Special Collections will provide service from the Congressional Archives, located in room 302 in the Information Commons, for the duration of construction. Regular services will be provided, but please see the Archives website for more details about appointments and material requests. Please contact Kathy Young firstname.lastname@example.org or Ashley Howdeshell email@example.com if you have questions about the University Archives and Special Collections.